So once again, this year for Valentines we headed to Columbia. We put on our chocolate makin clothes, tied our cusioned shoes tight, and got our fingers limber. We pumped ourselves up for the task, and by and by, the time came.. and we stood our ground 12 hours a day pumpin berries through the machines. Scott and I both had the "footer" position. It is the highly skilled task of putting the strawberries on the machine and making sure that the "foots" of the berries get covered. The key is to be fast.. if you are slow, then you have to work a longer to meet your goal for the day.. and if you are fast, you get to quit early. I always compete with myself to see how fast I can go. Now.. I did get lucky this year.. bein a mom and all.. i got to leave early everyday to go rescue by baby (or the babysitter..). Scott had to work until the shop closed up.
One evening I brought Bella in on the action. I figured she better get used to seeing these berries. Maybe next year we can even find a position for her. Taste testing?
This is my dad, Bella, and I watching the berries after they've been covered with chocolate and headed towards the coolin part. My dad does the "markin" aka.. makin the berries look pretty. (I probably shouldn't be sharin all the secrets on here...)
We had a very memorable time. But we're glad it is over... and I know my parents are too! And if you didn't get any berries for Valentines.. well, maybe Easter?
No comments:
Post a Comment