Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

I AM THANKFUL!

It is early this morning and I am watching Jill and Bella get ready for a delightful day in Branson. I have a litany of blessings that I am grateful for this morning, but my heart desires to express gratitude far beyond simply "counting my blessings." I hope this morning that my God knows the gratitude of my heart towards Him. My gratefulness to my Heavenly Father is beyond expressions. I do not love Him only because He has given us so many good things. I love Him because He has made us to be new people that are no longer blinded and deceived by our own sinful ways. We are free. Freedom is what I am most grateful for this morning. We know that times get tough and everyone experiences sorrow and grief in this life, but freedom in Christ is available at all times. We recently were able to see someone place their faith in Christ who knows what it feels like to have many pressures and many burdens. We look forward to seeing how the power of God will transform her life. This is what we are grateful for this morning...the power of transformed life. Jesus said that He came that we might have life and have it abundantly. The house is stirring and so I'm off to enjoy this abundant day. Blessings to all!
Scott

No comments: