Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Rewind

Scott, Bella, & I are returning back to normalcy (if that is a word) today after a whirlwind thanksgiving vacation. We had a great time with lots of new experiences for Bella.
Our first stop: Columbia MO. Even though this wasn't the year to see my family at Thanksgiving, we were able to stop here on our way to Branson. Several of my extended family came over and we had a nice dinner of Taco Soup. I was glad also to see my ever growing nephew Carter.
My mom and I played dress up with Bella with outfits that I wore when I was a baby. Here is one pic from it.
Next stop Branson, MO. Every other year, Scott's grandma plans a trip to Branson during Thanksgiving. We stay at the same hotel and eat at the same place Thanksgiving day. It is quite a treat. On Friday we went shopping at the outlets and went to see a Branson show: Dino. Bella had a blast - talk about overstimulation. Her arms and legs were going CRAZY as she watched all the flashy lights and loud Christmas music. I am sure she dreamed about it all night as she was quite the wrestless sleeper. Here are some pictures in front of the famous hotel Christmas tree. These pictures are taken every trip. Bella smiled nicely for the camera.

Next stop: Springfield, MO
We had a nice treat in a pitstop in Springfield. Scott's mom, grandpa, aunt, uncle, & cousins met us for a nice lunch and some games of bowling. We had a blast reuniting with our family. It had been 3 years since we'd seen Star's family. Scott's cousin's Tyler & Erika were all grownup!! Grandpa Murray is always a delight. Bella always loves seeing her Grandma Cindy and went away with some nice new toys & clothes!!
And then we made the trip back home with a short 5 minute stop to Sedalia to see Uncle Steve who is doing MUCH better after his heart complications. Sunday's drive back was uneventful and now we are returning to home life. Next big trip is Christmas! We look forward to seeing more of my side of the family - John, Kelly, & Ellie!!

No comments: