"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." Proverbs 18:22
A TRIBUTE TO BELLA'S MOMMY
I'm sure that Jill will be terribly embarassed by this post, but I feel compelled to write some thoughts about Bella's mommy for future posterity. Words cannot express the love that God has given me as a Father toward my little girl, but I have been equally amazed at my love that has blossomed toward Jill as I now share a home with both a wife and a mommy...quite the amazing combo. I hope that Bella will someday come to know the patience, perseverance, gentleness, love, adoration, protection, and selflessness that her mommy has shown her since being born. Bella adores her mommy and it is no surprise why! Those hillarious smiles and faces that all Jill's friends have enjoyed in the past are Bella's joys every day. It is amazing that Jill makes nearly every diaper change and every change of clothes an opportunity for laughs and cooing. Perhaps the best of all is the captivating story-telling skills that I never knew Jill had. I often stop my work in the office just to listen to her tell stories to Bella. She is so animated and Bella is delighted to hear the story about the little ducks as many times in a day as Jill will read to her. 
Bella probably thinks that she is the easiest thing in the world to care for, but I hope that someday she knows all the effort that her mommy puts into being a good mommy. She might never know how many books on motherhood and parenting her mommy is always reading, but I bet she will know that she has a good mommy. I know that others might read this posting and so I'll spare my wife much more lavish adoration, but I hope that God is indeed honored in such things. Bella and I (and even Libby) are so blessed to have such a wonderful person to be around. We love you mommy!
1 comment:
What a sweet post!!!!!!! I would completely agree with every attribute Scott has used to describe you, Jill. I knew you'd be a great mommy!
Post a Comment